Enrichment & Challenges
Battle of the Books
- Limo Lunch Challenge
- Read ALL of the books on your list by the deadline (TBA) and enjoy a Limo Lunch with Mrs. Myers. You must compete in Battle to be eligible.
- 1st-4th grade, internal contest at AcademyACL
- Medium 20, Grades 3-5 Book List: COMING SOON
- Pikes Peak Region, 5th grade Book List: Continues last year's 19-20 list, with new questions to be chosen for 2020-2021.
- 6th-8th, Colorado Springs School District 11
- Battle of the Books Middle School list for 2020-2021
BEST Robotics Competition
This competition is for Upper Division students (Divisions IV and V). It runs only six weeks, and culminates in a demonstration of our robot’s prowess in Denver. We are one of only three Pikes Peak Region schools competing in the BEST Competition in any of the four Colorado BEST hubs this year. We hope to organize a local hub for this program soon.
Golden Plains BEST Robotics program
National History Day
- Spelling bee info April or May 2017
- Typing challenge
- words per minute (as shown by assessment on an AcademyACL typing program in August/September)
- Geography Bee:
- 1st Annual Bee, January 2017: Atticus B, 1st Place; Liam E, 2nd Place, Henry H, 3rd Place.
- History Bee:
- American History Bee :“Take this Test!”
- Science Bowl
- Optimist’s Essay Contest
- Mensa for Kids: Reading Challenge - Read great books on the list, earn a t-shirt and certificate of completion.