As a charter school, Academy for Advanced and Creative Learning is governed by its own Board of Directors. The purpose of the Board is to manage the charter of the school and set the general direction and policy of the school. Usually, the board meets the 4th Thursday of every month.
We are a nine-member board, currently comprised of three parent members and six community members.
You are welcome to join us at our board meetings. Our meeting agenda is posted at the school front doors at least 24 hours before the meeting. In addition, the agenda is posted to the school’s website and We send a note about the meeting 24 hours in advance to our Sunshine List. Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. and are held at the school.
Our 2016-2017 Board Members are:
Areas of Excellence
AcademyACL strives for excellence in four areas specific to its charter contract goals: Academic Performance and Accreditation Status; School Operations; Financial Accountability; and Governance. The handout Areas of Excellence, SP 2013 provides more information on those areas.
Policies & Committees
The AcademyACL Board of Directors utilizes the following sub-committees:
- School Accountability Committee (as defined by state statute)
- Finance Committee (supports state statute for recommending financial allocations)
- Facilities & Safety Committee
- Building Design Committee
- Policy Committee
- Board Development Committee
- Partners and Leaders (PALs) Development Committee
Please contact Board President Colin Christofferson if you would like to volunteer on a board committee.
AcademyACL Board Policy
AcademyACL is subject to various state and district statutes, and also has certain statutes that are allowed to be waived as automatically non-applicable, or as delegative (aligned with district policy but supervised by AcademyACL Board or Director rather than District Superintendent) or substantive (where significant changes from district policy occur).
The writing of replacement policies for waived requirements is an ongoing process for the Board Policy Committee. The following list contains replacement policies written thus far:
- AD - Vision, Mission, and Strategic Planning
- AE - Accountability/Commitment to Accomplishment
- BDFH - Nutrition and Physical Activity Advisory Committee
- CB - Academy Director
- CBD - Academy Director's Contract
- CBI - Evaluation of the Academy Director
- EEA - Student Transportation
- EEAA - Transportation Eligibility
- EEAC - Bus Scheduling and Routing
- EHB - School Records Retention and Destruction
- GCB - Professional Staff Contracts and Compensation
- GCBD_GDBD Employee Fringe Benefits
- GDBC - Support Staff Supplementary Pay_Overtime
- JFAA - Kindergarten Tuition
- JFBA - School Choice - Open Enrollment-3
- JH - Student Attendance and Tardiness Policy
- JJA-R - School Authorized Student Groups
- KDB - Public's Right to Know-Freedom of Information
- KDD - Media Relations
- KF - Community Use of AcademyACL Facilities
- KFA - Public Conduct on School Property
- KFB - Outside Care Providers Use of AcademyACL Facilities
AcademyACL Charter Renewal, Board Policy Section
- Application for Charter Renewal with District 11: AcademyACL Charter Renewal Section O-2
Description of Waivers from State Statute or District 11 Policy
- AcademyACL State Waiver Requests-revision 2013 renewal
- AcademyACL District Waiver Requests (Updates_Final)
Where AcademyACL does not yet have a replacement policy written, it references District 11 policy as aligned with AcademyACL’s own vision and mission. District 11 Board Policy can be found on the district’s website.